Shannon!

Hi Holly, my name is Shannon, but my blog name is Marie so whichever you prefer I guess... I've never tried going by Marie before, I should try that! (Marie's my middle name.) Aaaaaanyway, I'm way excited to go to Romania this Fall. Thank you soooo much for being our facilitator, I'm really excited to get to meet you. As far as me goes, I pretty much eclectic in every way. I'm from Palmyra, NY and spend my summers working at the church sites there. I paint and draw although I haven't done much since I quit the Visual Arts Major. One of the five majors I've had including Animation, Film, Visual Arts, Acting, and Political Science. Now I'm doing International Development with a degree in Social Work or International Relations. I haven't decided yet. I sing and act obviously, and I love good film. I'm very opinionated so don't take it personally if I tell you I really don't like something, especially if it's film. I love dancing in the rain (seriously the best thing ever.) I love alternative rock like The Streets, Dashboard, Joydrop, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Guster, Weezer, Beastie Boys, Coheed and Cambria, BNL, Ben Lee, etc. etc. (if you ever want a GREAT radio station go to wber.monroe.edu and click listen online, I live and die by that station). But I also like folk like Bob Dylan, Dar Williams, and Indigo Girls. I like jazz like Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Count Basie, Harry Connick, Eastman Jazz Trio, and Norah Jones. And I took 12 years of classical piano so I like classical too (Mozart is my favorite). Basically I don't like country. Oh and musical theater, I LOVE musical theater.
Let's see what else... I love to beat box and I do Henna Tattos. I think volleyball is the best sport there is and I really want to serve a mission. I like to laugh and will do so a lot, I think my nephews are the cutest thing on the planet and I don't get along so well with my family. I've always wanted to travel but this is my first time out of the country (Not including Canada cuz that really doesn't count) and I love doing impulsive things. Very very impulsive am I. I promise I won't go to Moldova though. Not gonna lie, I thought about it for a minute or two, but I promise I won't. My favorite book from my childhood is The Outsiders, and my favorite book from adolescence/adulthood is The Lord Of The Rings. My favorite movie... yeah I don't have a favorite, but I really enjoy all Pixar films (if Pixar gave me a call offering me a job to mop their floors, I'd be on a plane tomorrow), and I think baz Luhrman is FABULOUS. And obviously I have a special place in my heart for The Lord of the Rings movies. Oh and I love the film HERO. Prettiest film ever.
Anyway, I think that's a pretty good slice of me. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd love to answer them!
1 Comments:
I am so excited to meet you too Shannon! You sound like you are passion about a lot of things! That is so good! I can't wait to get to know you better! O zi buna!
Post a Comment
<< Home